Tuesday, January 3, 2012

How To Make a Candy Robot





This idea was inspired by a little girl named Megan who wanted a robot for Christmas.  I work with her dad and I thought it would be fun to see if I could make one out of candy.



This is what I used:


I wrapped everything in cheap tinfoil with the dull side out.  The body is a juice box.  The legs are three Starbursts with an Andes Mint as the foot.  The arms were made from Laffy Taffy and the head uses two Hersheys Nuggets.  I hot-glued it all together and added Lifesaver buttons and googley eyes.

For color, I included a little sign that said:


The robots were a hit!  I had some leftover candy (but no juice boxes), so I made mini versions, too.



How about making some robots for Valentine's Day?!?

"I'm NUTS & BOLTS about you, Valentine!"









5 comments:

  1. Oh how fun, Megan must have been so excited to receive such a "sweet" little robot! Love the minis too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you are my sister and I am a little biased.....but you are awesome! So creative! I might steal this and do something like it for A-man's birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never got to see these finished...they are REALLY cute! Their little eyes and mouth make me laugh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I love these robots. I think my boys would love to give these as Valentine's this year instead of the "girly", boring ones they sell at the store.

    Thanks so much for sharing this at Shindig Saturday. Check out our facebook page where we are sharing this fun idea too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing on your FB page! I'm glad everyone liked my robots!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...