Tulip Time Gift Tag

This post has two different free printable gift tags for you!  In February of this year, my mom had quite a health scare.  By May, she was finally feeling better, so we decided to take a little road trip to a destination that has been on her bucket list...the Tulip Festival in Pella, IA.

Tulip Time Gift Tag

Pella is worth the trip!  Every year they import over 300,000 tulip bulbs from Holland and plant them all over the town.  When they are finished blooming, they let the locals dig them up and take them home.  (After this happens, they replace the tulip beds with annuals, so I'm told Pella is beautiful to visit at any time of year!)


I thought Pella might only be known to people from the Midwest, but we met people who had flown in from Florida and New York City and were staying for a few days. 


     
Pella, Iowa
                                  Pella, Iowa

My mother-in-law was also with us, so I made my travel buddies little road trip snack bags using the Tulip Tags.  I filled cello bags with Costco-type snacks like nuts, hard candies, popcorn, chips, and cookies.

Tulip Time Gift Tags

I used a larger tag for my treat bags:  Tulip Tag x4

But I've included a smaller option, too:  Tulip Tag x6
(Just in case you wanted to make candy bags and/or attach it to a bunch of tulips!)

Note:  The actual Tulip Festival starts on Thursday, but we arrived early afternoon on Wednesday.  Do a few things that day and get the lay of the land while the crowds are smaller.  That night, I encourage you to make reservations for the Dutch Dinner Show at Central College.  The food was very good and there is Dutch-themed entertainment too.  (For reservations, call 641-628-7679.)

Pella is a quaint little town and we were ready to see some flowers after the long Minnesota winter we had just endured.  It was a fun trip!

🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷

The history of free printable tag #2.  After being in and out of the ER a couple of times, my mom was finally diagnosed with atrial fibrillation.  This basically means that the top chambers of her heart beat out of rhythm with the lower chambers.  So far, it is pretty much being controlled with a combination of medications.

It was a scary time, and my mom was very thankful for some of the caregivers that went above and beyond.  She wanted to make them little treat bags, so I created a gift tag that I hoped the medical professionals would think was funny.

Remember, the top of her heart was beating incorrectly...so she thanked them from the "bottom" of her heart (because that part was working better). 😀

I know this is a very specific gift tag, but it would be a cute thank-you from anyone with atrial fibrillation.  Now that I'm paying attention, there seems to be quite a few people with this condition out there.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart



I hope to see you tiptoeing through the tulips this Spring!  Karen


Thank you from the bottom of my heart gift tag


© RKO Ideas Galore. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top