Friday, March 4, 2011

I Was Framed! (Dishcloth Edition)

Nate Berkus has been touting the benefits of framing fabric...and I wanted to (inexpensively) give it a try.  I found three coordinating dishcloths on clearance at Target for $2.49.  Then I went to IKEA and bought three 8x10 frames (with mats!) for $4.99 each.



I washed and dried the dishcloths to pre-shrink them.  Then I ironed them and cut off the binding.  Do you know what I used to hold them in place?  Scotch tape!  I just moved my pattern around until I liked it and taped it down.  The frame back holds it firmly in place...so easy! 


I haven't actually hung them on the wall yet, but when I do I'll post a picture for you!


Cute, right?  And all for under $20!




7 comments:

  1. Those are stunning! I love Nate Berkus and he would love what you've done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How clever, Karen. And so easy, I could even do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great! It reminds me of when our house stager used pretty scrapbook paper to decorate for selling our house! That was cheap and pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paper would be great, too! I'm telling you, the frames at IKEA can't be beat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is a great idea from the idea girl! i love decorating on a dime & this is such an easy idea i could see changing it out for each season! yay karen!

    oh, i made your awesome sugar scrub for my mom and sister and have some at my kitchen sink- keeps my hands very soft! tks, kelli

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...