Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Twinkie "Despicable Me Minion" (How-to)

Easy Twinkie Minions

You're one in a "minion"!

Valentine's Day (Individual Twinkies):  Valentine - You're one in a "minion"!

College Care Package (Whole Box):  It might feel like there are a lot of students on campus, but we think you are one in a "minion"!

********************************************
I like Pinterest as much as the next girl, but have you ever pinned something and found that the link didn't work and/or it didn't give directions, or there wasn't a free printable like it said in the comments? This post is an example of that. I pinned a cute version of Twinkie "Minions" (from Despicable Me), but I was left with nothing but the image to go on. So I had to be a little bit creative...my version is different from what I pinned, but still cute (and even easier...so win-win)!


Problem #1:  I bought a box of 10 individually wrapped Twinkies.  All of the "Minions" that I saw in the examples had plain wrappers (with the mouth and hair drawn on with a Sharpie).  I opened my box and my package was covered in words and hearts.  (Grumble)



Problem #2:  The free printable for the clothes and eyes was not linked through Pinterest.  I searched and found a similar one (at Tonya Staab's Create-Celebrate-Explore blog) for cupake push-pops  (which you might want to make, too!).



These were slightly larger than my Twinkies, so I just cut off the "glue here" part and a little bit extra.  I wrapped the printable around the Twinkie and used Scotch Tape on the back.  Simple and cute!

(Note:  Tonya's blog has an entire party featured here:  Despicable Me 2 Party)

I created simple Valentine cards and then used double-stick tape to attach the Twinkies...

Easy Twinkie Minions

 If you want to make the Twinkie "fancy", you can cut it diagonally and shape it into a heart!  (Cute, cute, cute!)





Bonus:  If you like Minions, I found another free printable for you (print on card stock, cut them apart and attach a sucker)!



https://www.pinterest.com/rkolson1/ https://www.facebook.com/rko.ideas.galore/ https://plus.google.com/u/0/115976155749106819509/posts https://twitter.com/rko_ideasgalore http://feeds.feedburner.com/KarensIdeasGalore rkolson@aol.com

Happy Valentine's Day!





Linking to:  Skip to my Lou, Craft-o-maniac, Oh My Creative, I Gotta Create!, Bloom Designs, Sewlicious Home Decor, Kim's Kandy Kreations, Six Sisters Stuff, Adorned From Above

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks so much! The minions passed my "teenager" test (no eye rolling), so all is well in my world! :-)

      Delete
  2. Wow! These are great. My middle school aged son wanted to go as a minion for Halloween, so I'm thinking these will be perfect for him to give to his friends for Valentines. They aren't "lovey" but cute and fun, plus what pre-teen boy doesn't love twinkies?

    Thanks for sharing at Shindig Saturday. I'm definitely going to check out your other projects and go "pin happy."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the kind words...I hope he likes them! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for sharing at Wednesday's Adorned From Above Link Party.
    Debi and Charly

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...