Bird's Eye View Treasure Hunt

Bird's eye view is defined as a "view from a high angle as if seen from a bird in flight".  Aha - let's turn this into a treasure hunt map!

Bird's Eye View Treasure Hunt

If you are a tiny bit competitive with your partner, this is a fun treasure hunt to work on together.  I sketched what I thought was a pretty good "bird's eye view" representation of our yard.  When I showed it to my husband, he said that my "proportions" were all wrong, so he re-drew it.

His was actually better - ha!  I don't have our versions anymore, but here is an example of what your drawing could look like if  you are artistic:


Bird's Eye View Treasure Hunt

Simply hide your "treasure" somewhere outside and mark an "X" on your map representing where it is.  Depending on the age of your treasure hunter, you may have to explain that this is what a bird sees when they fly over your yard.

I made a free printable with the bird and rhyme below for you to use!  Simply print it out and then draw your map on the bottom...

Bird's Eye View Treasure Hunt

Flying over your house was really neat...
Then I looked down and saw a treat!

It's marked with an "X" and especially for you...
Just look at the map from a bird's point of view!


Note:  If you wanted to do this same thing inside, just draw a simple floor plan of your house and mark an "X" where the treasure is hidden.

Have fun!  Karen


Bird's Eye View Treasure Hunt


Image courtesy of www.clker.com

© RKO Ideas Galore. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top