Candy Witch Broom Treat (How-To with Free Printable)

Cast a spell of excitement with this enchanting "Witch-ing You a Happy Halloween" gift tag!  Add a bewitching touch to your Halloween "broom" treats with this free printable!

Free Printable "Witch-ing You a Happy Halloween" gift tag

I purchased orange "stick candy" from the gift shop at a local Cracker Barrel restaurant.  (Check to make sure they aren't broken before you get to the register.)

Candy Witch Broom Treat

To make the broom, I simply cut a paper lunch bag into 2.5" (height) x 4" (width) pieces.  Cut evenly spaced vertical strips about 2/3 of the way up.  Start at one end and roll the paper all the way around the stick candy.  I used a small piece of tape to secure it.  Then wrap a piece of Baker's Twine around it a few times and tie it off.  Slightly spread/bend the "bristles" to make it appear more broom-like.  (You can roll them around a pencil if needed to get a slight bend.)  Simply attach the brooms to the gift tag with double-sided tape.

Candy Witch Broom Treat

Note:  I originally assumed that Cracker Barrel would have purple (grape) stick candy, so that was my original design; however when I got to the store that wasn't an option.  I was going to substitute Root Beer (for a cute brown handled broom) until my son said that kids don't really like Root Beer candy.  (Can this be true?!?  I used to love Root Beer Barrels.)  Anyway, I decided to use orange candy, but I will link up both colors to give you an option.

Note:  For the broom handle, you could also use glow sticks or pixie sticks or fun straws, use your imagination!  👻


Candy Witch Broom Treat



Candy Witch Broom Treat

Happy Halloween!

Karen

More Halloween Fun:



Candy Witch Broom Treat

A special thank-you to Lauren McKinsey for giving
me permission to share her shoe image with you.

Candy Witch Broom Treat

© RKO Ideas Galore. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top