Thursday, October 15, 2015

Candy Witch Broom Treat (How-To with Free Printable)


Candy Witch Broom Treat

Today I am sharing a how-to for a cute Halloween treat using an image from Lauren McKinsey!  I purchased orange "stick candy" from the gift shop at a local Cracker Barrel restaurant (8 for $1.00).

To make the broom, I simply cut a paper bag into 2.5" (height) x 4" (width) pieces.  Cut evenly spaced vertical strips about 2/3 of the way up.  Start at one end and roll the stick candy up in the paper.  I used a small piece of tape to secure it.  Then wrap a piece of Baker's Twine around it a few times and tie it off.  Slightly spread/bend the ends of paper to make it appear more "broom-like".

Candy Witch Broom Treat

If you would like to "Witch" someone a Happy Halloween, I have a printable for you!  (I just attached the brooms with double-sided tape).  I originally assumed that Cracker Barrel would have purple/grape stick candy, so that was my original design.  When I went to buy my candy, they didn't make a grape version.  I was going to substitute Root Beer (for a cute brown handled broom) until my college aged son said that "no kid" likes Root Beer sticks.  (Is this true?!?  I used to love Root Beer Barrels.)  Anyway, I decided on orange candy, but I will link up both colors to give you an option.

Candy Witch Broom How-To

Candy Witch Broom How-To

A special thank-you to Lauren McKinsey for letting me share her shoe image with you.  Please check-out her website, her designs are DARLING!!!  I am a past member of her "Cute Club" and I was able to download all kinds of good stuff.  She is very generous with her designs, so I am also going to link you to her current FREE PRINTABLES!

If you aren't familiar with her yet, you are in for a real treat!  Thanks again, Lauren!!!

 


Linking to:  Lovely Little Link Party, The Creative Exchange, Lamberts Lately, Tidy Mom, The Handmade Hangout, The Party Bunch, Bowdabra, Dare to Share, Inspiration Monday, Share Your Style

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...