You may recognize that quote from Sally Fields as she accepted her Oscar...
That's how I feel right now! Krista from whilehewasnapping.blogspot.com just awarded me the Stylish Blogger Award.
Krista, I'm thrilled...thank you for my very first blogging award!
The rules say that I'm supposed to share seven things about myself with you...
Hmmm, let's see:
1) After staying home with my kids and then working part-time for many years, I just (this week!) went back to work full-time. So far, so good...I like it!
2) Those of you who know me well, know that I'm not very "kitchen-y". Hubby is making Friday night popcorn as I type this.
3) I don't swear, but I make up words for when I'm "extra frustrated". My current word is "DRINGLERS!" (Try it!)
4) I lead Sunday School singing once every three weeks and my son (on guitar) plays for me. (Why does he have a speech tourney AND a gig every time it's our turn so we never get to practice?!?)
5) This "sharing" thing is hard for me...I'm kind of a private person! (I'm counting that as sharing!)
6) Oh, I'm "symmetrical", too. Sometimes I try to tilt a picture when I'm scrapbooking to "change things up", but I always end up straightening it...I just can't do it!
7) I think blogging is fun!
The next step is to pass this award on to 15 other bloggers that I've recently discovered. Since I've started blogging, I've learned that there are lots of excellent blogs out there, even if they don't have a lot of followers!
I'm going to concentrate on giving this award to "smaller" blogs (like myself)...and then you can be one of the first to discover them!
1) Kandiland Blog - My youngest sister has a creative way of looking at life. She was the first "sister" to jump on the blogging bandwagon. I'm going to link to one of my favorite posts about a camel ride.
2) Shut the Fridge - Middle sister, Kayla's blog (we all have "K" names). She is a homeschooling mother of six who recently moved from MN to GA. Apparently there are some differences between Northerners and Southerners...here is an example: Southern Lady or Southern Belle
3) Chillin' with Jill - One of my first followers and best "commenters". Have you ever tried to get the perfect photograph of yourself? This post CRACKED me up: Jill's Tips on Photography
4) Simply Cindy - Cindy is one of my "bestest" friends. She is one of those old school women, who can sew, knit, crochet, scrapbook, bake...you name it, she can do it! She is super creative with lots of fun ideas.
5) Inkspirational Messages - My friend, Brenda, has a blog with a group of women who are all "authors". Their blog is truly inspirational...when I read it, I feel "smart"!
6) Spire Reviews - Brenda also has her own blog reviewing Christian Fiction. Check it out if you are looking for a good read or gift idea!
7) Young Adventures - Lots of fun recipes...can't wait to try Banana Bread Pie!!!
8) Adventurez in Childrearing - I can relate, since there is a lot of testosterone in my house, too. I compare her homeschooling stories/activities with (sis) Kayla's!
9) The Crafting Nanny - Cute, easy, creative craft ideas for kidlets! (Think Mary Poppins.)
10) Homemade Mamas - Lots of homemade/handmade ideas.
11) JC's Loft - Fun party ideas and DIY.
12) Munchkinmunchies - YUM! One of the first blogs I started following...she makes kitchen stuff seem "do-able" (even for me)!
13) Pampers, Play Dates & Parties - I love parties...cute ideas!
14) Shabby Tea Party - Make yourself a cup of tea and look at her Shabby Chic DIY ideas.
15) The Giving Madam - Free printables and fun stuff! (Removed link, no longer active.)
Here are the rules for accepting the award:
- Thank and link back to the person (or people) who awarded you this award
- Share 7 things about yourself
- Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers
- Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award